Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Wonder of Disney

I was soooo extremely happy to accompany the hubby on a trip to Disney World last month, minus the littles.  What?  No children you ask?  Yep, and I hardly feel bad about it. 

Todd had a conference to attend at the Dolphin in Disney World.  Because we knew that I could not possibly manage two littles in the magic of Disney alone, we decided that this would be a mommy and daddy retreat.  Daddy worked.  Mommy shopped and took in the sights.  We were there for six glorious, mind numbingly hot, humid, days.  Todd and I were able to drive up to Universal Studios one day.  Our main purpose was, of course, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  We sucked down butter beers in the heat and cooled down with a Jurasic Park boat ride that left us dripping.  It was a blast.  On my "alone" days I toured Epcot, Downtown Disney, and the Animal Kingdom.  I even slipped in a spa day at the Mandera Spa and delighted in the Balinese Bamboo Massage....the best massage I HAVE EVER HAD!!  It was amazing.

And the kids??  Well, they had a little vacation of their own.  Aunt Jodi and Cousin "Jofess" watched the kiddos Monday through Friday and then Aunt Sue-Sue had them over the weekend.  They kayaked, did pottery, went shopping, saw a movie, and even attended the PowWow with Aunt Sue-Sue and Sheri.  They had a marvelous time.

Best part of all.....I managed to de-stress and actually built up my dwindled patience store house. 

Jurasic Park Boat Ride front row...Drenched

Epcot

My furry Gorilla friend at the Animal Kingdom


G's favorite Princess...Mulan
  
Hogwarts

Best pizza since Rome at Italy in Epcot


No comments:

Post a Comment