Monday, April 16, 2012

Introducing Our Fiddling Phenom







Six months ago the Empress began violin lessons. Technically, fiddle lessons. What I would refer to as hoe down music. In the beginning, definitely not my first choice. I, of course, had envisioned my beautiful, petite violinist playing lovely classical scores. But, I reasoned that fiddle would probably be more enjoyable for a child, and not as big a snooze for a beginner. So glad I made that decision. As I may have mentioned in previous blogs, my little Empress leans to the lazy side of things. She is very willing to take the easy route, so practicing was often times a match of wills...hers against mine. Then one day a couple months back, she saw the trophies on the wall of her instructors house. She asked about them and how she could get one. And, in that very moment she decided that she would enter and win a fiddle contest. She wanted the prize...she always goes for the prize. Jump ahead...

Saturday was the Annual Glacier Fiddlers Contest. Our Empress, the youngest contestant, won third place....her first trophy (more like a medal, but she still refers to it as a "trophy."), and a check for $10. She was sooooooo excited. Sooooo, sooooo excited. She turned to me and stated that she loved the violin and was going to win her next competition! And, you know something, I believe she just might!

We are so very proud of our little fiddler!! Great job G!

No comments:

Post a Comment